Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christ is...

In the dark stillness of the morning we encounter the Risen Christ.
In the stillness of the heart we feel Christ's presence.
In the stillness of the mind our souls transcend the brokenness of the world.

Christ is my governor;
my sure defense.
Christ is my hope and source of all strength.
Christ is my master and beloved guide.
Christ is my redeemer and transformer;
my font of joy.
Christ is my source of true humility and sincere kindness;
yet powerful and fearful.
Christ is the sword;
the living Word of God that cuts through all evil.

Jesus is my redeemer and source of hope.
Jesus is my recompense and all that is made whole.
Jesus is my peace and source of healing.
Jesus is my comforter in times of turmoil;
my beloved companion in times of fear and doubt.
Jesus is my source of reassurance and standard for truth.

In the mirror I must look deeply into the eyes of the person who stares back.
There is Christ who searches my heart.
There is Christ who shows me my faults.
There is Christ who brings my secrets to light.
There is Christ who exposes my broken dreams and crushed heart.

Come mighty Savior and bring healing and hope.
Come mighty Savior and wash away the tears of despair.
Come most Holy One of God and liberate my soul.
Come most Beloved Redeemer and renew me from within.

Christ is the holy light of God that transcends all darkness.
May the joy of this Christmas season fill your hearts with the passion;
the blessed passion that comes from living in the presence of the Incarnate God.

When he, the Spirit of truth, comes,
he will guide you into all truth.
He will not speak on his own;
he will speak only what he hears,
and he will guide you into all truth.

John 16:13

No comments:

Trinity Wall Street Conference Center Chapel

Trinity Wall Street Conference Center Chapel
Our prayers rise like incense into heaven

Church of the Good Shepherd, Augusta, Ga.

Church of the Good Shepherd, Augusta, Ga.
"...And the sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night."